The finest cave attraction in the Adirondacks
EXPLORE YOUR WORLD
A NEW YORK ADIRONDACK
LARGEST CAVE ENTRANCE IN EAST
Guided ADVENTURE TOUR (Additonal tour offered July/Aug)
FAMILY OWNED OVER 200 YEARS
Closed for the season
ICE CREAM STAND
Closed for the season
WINTER SNOWSHOE TRAILS
Closed until the summer season (end of May)
Please note: these chester challenge trails are part of the Stone Bridge Park and require admission fee for access.
GEOLOGY & NATURE
SUMMER SEASON SELF-GUIDED EXPLORATION TOURS
- NO RESERVATONS REQUIRED. Arrive 90 min before closing (see hours).
- The LARGEST marble cave entrance in the east, a massive stone bridge, dominates this spectacular display of ancient Adirondack geology of rock > one billion years old.
- With walking stick, map, camera - explore the self-guided, above-ground, natural stone step nature trail featuring potholes, grottos, gorge and mill site waterfalls.
- Descend into lighted surface caves with raging waterfalls or tranquil dark pools.
- Adirondack Memories Display and PBS Video describe the history and geology of the caves. Learn More.
GUIDED ADVENTURE TOURS
- 3-4 hour spelunking cave crawl guided adventure tour including a cave "float". Learn More.
- ADVENTURE TOUR VIDEO
- Available JULY & AUGUST ONLY, 4 days/week: on WED, FRI, SAT & SUN, 12:30pm - 4:30pm.
- Calendar for availability
- Minimum of 4 and maximum of 10 participants. Groups combined to meet minimum.
- RESERVATIONS REQUIRED
STONE BRIDGE GEOLOGY
SUMMER SEASON FOOD-FUN-FOSSILS
- Relax in large family swings & enjoy homemade fudge in wooded picnic areas.
- Extensive Rock Shop offers fine crystals, gems, fossils, book-ends and geodes that can be cut or popped to reveal an unique beautiful design.
- Uncover museum grade bones in Dino-Dig
SUMMER SEASON ADVENTURE PARK
- 18 hole Caveman Disc Golf Course with vista views of Trout Brook.
- Find gems, fossils or arrowheads by Gemstone Mining
- With hardhat & light, search for treasures in the Gold Rush Mine & Crystal Quest Mine.
- Caveman Challenge Bouldering Wall .
- Fish feeding, jewelry making or decorating walking sticks are additional fun activities for the kids.
- Featuring unique and unusual items, including local artisans.
- Gift shop pictures
GROUPS & EVENTS
- Covered Pavilions, Grills, Playground Areas, Trout Pond and Bus Parking
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Snack bar food
- 40+ flavors of Soft Ice-Cream at the Stone Bridge Ice Cream Stand, located just 2.5 miles away on Rt 9.
- Scouts, School Field Trips, & other organizations.
CABIN RENTAL UNITS
- Rental Cabins available from late May - mid Oct only.
WI-FI HOT SPOT
- FREE access for visitors and guests.
MAP OF THE PARK
CLOSEBY ACTIVITIES - EXPLORE - FRIENDS PAGE .